Evaluate & Assess
Why are Buyer Personas so Important?
If you do not know who are your target audiences, what motivates them, and how they prefer to engage with you, it is very difficult to sell your product to them. Most companies believe they understand their target audiences, but often this ‘knowledge’ is based on assumptions embedded within the company, and not based on objective data.
It is now possible to truly understand your target audience, based on facts, not assumptions. Your company possesses a treasure trove of data about your target audiences: for example:
- the CRM tells you the length of their sales cycles,
- the marketing automation system can tell you what marketing materials they like to use at specific points in the buying cycle,
- Google Analytics will show how they found you, what buying behaviors they displayed and so forth.
If you combine this data with both quantitative and qualitative research, you develop a better understanding of what motivates your target audiences, and how you can sell to them more effectively. The answers are in the data.
Knowing the segmentation of your target audience will enable you to:
- Optimize your CRM.
- Automate and personalize your marketing more effectively.
- Ensure you are not wasting marketing budget on the wrong people, or with the wrong message.
If you are concerned about marketing success, and the effectiveness of your marketing spend, you should start by understanding your personas.
The Covalent Bonds Persona Program
A real understanding of your customers and their motivation is critical to an effective marketing program. We collect both online and offline data to record and compare both what they say about themselves, and how they actually behave. We then help you to ensure that all your marketing programs are based on this core information.
Ensuring higher quality persona data for more effective sales & marketing activity.
To build a full, 360 view of your ‘perfect customer’, requires:
Analysis on three dimensions:
- What they say they want (rational)
- What they feel they want (emotional)
- How they actually behave and interact with your site digitally (behavioral)
And across three audiences:
- Current Clients
- Lost/Former Clients
- Lost/Future Prospects
We then complete sophisticated statistical analyses (regression, cluster analyses etc) to identify clearly your target segments, their behaviors and motivations. Finally, we translate this into information you can use, in an easy to understand format.
By using our Marketing Fundamentals program, you will understand better what success should look like to all marketing stakeholders. A core set of key performance indicators will be established. The marketing strategy, and the evaluation of its impact are assessed against these KPIs, in order to:
- Support and influence business objectives
- Break down silos between departments
- Align teams around a common set of objectives
- Foster personal growth
- Deploy effective performance management
Our Data Fundamentals services help you to prepare for a data- and measurement-rich future. From the set-up of your marketing technology stack to preparing your website for effective data capture, we help you to ensure that you are ready to harness the power of your marketing data.
We spend many hours listening to Google Developer and Google Marketing Conferences - so that you don’t have to. We ensure that you are up-to-date with all Google best practices.
Our services include:
- Marketing Technology Audit - surveying the systems you use to collect data and ensuring they are set up optimally. This includes: Google Analytics, Google Ads (formerly AdWords), Google My Business, Tag Manager, Search Console, Marketing Automation tracking, and CRM tracking of marketing activities through to prospect conversion.
- Marketing Data Recommendations - evaluating the settings against current best practices, to allow you to track better the online and offline sales journey from the first contact to sale.
Website Optimization - ensuring that the website is set up to track data associated with key measurement metrics. Installing/providing recommended tracking tags
- Technology Stack Optimization - optimizing settings and connections between the platforms (e.g. social, directories, parent company, campaigns, referrals).
Why do Assumption Testing?
It is vital to make strategic decisions based on fact, not assumptions. We use state of the art online and offline data collection techniques to provide factual data from which you can make informed decisions, rather than relying on opinions. If this critical step is omitted from your marketing planning, your marketing budget could be wasted, due to decisions being made on assumptions.